Despite’s Subway’s recent growth to the #2 QSR, the brand lagged behind among Teens. We had to find a genuine way to make Subway part of the conversation with this up-and-coming generation. So we took a content first approach and created a scripted digital comedy from acclaimed comedy director James Widdoes (Two & Half Men/Mom) called The 4 to 9ers about the pains and passions of high school kids who work after the bell rings from 4PM to 9PM and the parents who annoy them in between shifts. And it all happens at the local Subway.
As the #1 HULU Spotlight Series for 4 straight seasons, The 4 to 9ers successfully engaged Teens with and helped Subway narrow the gap in Share of Teen Traffic. The series was such a hit that Subway continued the franchise with “The Day Crew” putting the spotlight on Millenialls getting started after college.
- 2013 Cynopsis Digital :Best Branded Webseries: Scripted
- 2013 Creative Media : Finalist: Content Marketing
- 2014 Global Festival of Media Award
- 2014 Silver Effie: Restaurant
- 2014 thinkLA Interactive Idea Awards : Best Video Campaign
- 2014 Subway Agency of the Year
- 2014 Ad Age Small Agency Integrated Campaign of the Year
- 2014 Cynopsis Digital : Best Branded Webseries: Scripted